Tuesday 8 October 2019

Raincheck

Some days you enter 300 comps; some days you spend just as long on one. But when it combines with your other favourite hobby, it's way more than twice the fun, and even if you don't win, you've got something to show for your efforts - something far more interesting than a load of random tags and emojis, which is basically what 80% of my communication on Instagram entails.

So, after 20 mins of those random tags and emojis on Instagram today,  I switched focus to a short story comp, and then spent  hours, literally hours, writing about astronauts, in the hope of winning an obscene amount of fancy chocolate.

Theoretically the job is now done, but I've learned from experience not to hand in my homework the moment I've completed the first draft. With this in mind, I'm afraid you'll have to wait a few days to see what I've been up to. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment