Friday 4 October 2019

Wading not leaping


Some days the motivation is hard to come by. Today, we were looking at excuse #3: ill health.
Nobody likes a cold. I mean, I can cope with snot and sneezes, but those ones that fill up your cavities with phlegm just make me feel slow and lead-headed, and all I can focus on is the countdown to the next hit of pseudoephedrine.

I flicked through Insta, Facebook and Twitter, and dropped each with a dirty great portion of can’t be wazzed. So I thought I’d try work instead, and couldn’t be wazzed with that either. Coffee, by contrast, I could definitely be wazzed with. Likewise lunch. And another coffee. That gave me enough grist to take some pictures of things to sell on eBay, but not enough to actually upload them. But half-a-job is a more or less a family motto, so my conscience was sufficiently clear for me to have no problems justifying another look on Facebook, just in case there were any holidays out there waiting to be won.

There were probably a whole bunch, but a couple of forms later the lack of wazzedness overcame me once more, and that was me done.

Fortunately a pair of pick-me-ups popped into my DMs in quick succession. First, yesterday’s verse had won me some golf balls. So far so good, but sadly they had to be collected from Hull, which is approximately 150 miles out of my way; in other news, my father-in-law is not getting golf balls for Christmas. Still, the validation was nice. Following this, my second-born scored third place in a competition to net football cards. By the looks, there were only three entrants, but I can’t imagine he’ll care. There will be football cards; anything else is by the by.

I’m also hoping that first-born will be sufficiently motivated by (read: be sufficiently jealous of) his brother’s success that he will up his comping game and start realising his potential. He’s an enigma that one, so whether this will have the desired effect, I couldn’t possibly say. But if I can stumble across any more kid comps with more prizes than entrants, it certainly wouldn’t hurt the cause.

Moving on from yesterday's hashtag day, today is World Smile Day. A quick search of Twitter found a few themed competitions, including one exclusively for webcam girls. It's pretty niche so I'm guessing it won't have many entrants. On the other hand, it would appear to be a voting comp, so obviously I'm steering well clear...

No comments:

Post a Comment