Sunday 13 January 2019

Going forward: 2019

Last year, my new year’s resolutions were simply to enjoy myself and to start extending this blog onto Instagram. How did that go? Well, my @garywasabi insta feed is proceeding at a rather pedestrian pace, averaging slightly over a post a week, which is less than I hoped for, but given the aforementioned pledge to be kinder to myself, I’m not going to beat myself up about it. I’ve also gone easy on myself in terms of trying not to overdo it (advents aside) and not worrying about missed deadlines. I stopped seeing my counsellor a few months back but I think she’d be pleased with my progress.

But what about this year then? Well, one of my plans is to have even more fun. To this end, I’ve started playing wishlist bingo with a bunch of other compers. So far this year I’m drawing a complete blank, but I'm hopeful of ticking off most of these things by December. A full house, however, might be wishful thinking!


I’m also planning to minimise time spent in my comfort zone. Instagram has been really good to me, but as it’s slowing down, I really need to diversify. Having updated my bookmarked searches to include everything on the bingo grid, I’m sure to be entering more web-based comps. I’ll also be entering purchase and effort comps where I can - although this will require more organisation on my part - even if that just means writing a shopping list!

Truthfully, I’m unlikely to stop being a fair-weather purchase-comper, but when it comes to promotions with hundreds of prizes, such as last year’s Bonne Maman Madeleine promotion and the Doritos & Pepsi Perfect Match giveaway, I’m sure I can make an exception.

As for those effort comps, I probably should update my photo library for those effort comps, but I fear that might be a step too far!

That’s probably enough to be going on with, but if you think I’ve missed anything, do let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will do brilliantly in 2019. For 2019 I just started writing a 'secret' comping blog that only I can read - it feels so liberating compared to our other blog because I don't have to worry about typos or doing social media for it but it gives me a place to rant and record wins etc. Have no idea how long i will be able to make time for it but so far i've got about 3 posts on there in 3 days which is way better going than our 'proper' blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! What a great idea for catching all your thoughts for the next book!

      Delete